Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates on Community News in Singapore: https://t.me/EverydayOnSalesSG
Kimchi Recipe with Step-by-Step Guide to Make this Famous Fermented Korean Dish
When you visit any Korean restaurant, there will be always a kimchi served as a side dish and you can also purchase them at any retails for quite an expensive price. With the current pandemic are still around. Perhaps you might wonder if you can make this dish all by yourself at home.
The recipe might require quite a number of steps but the outcome of this will certainly be a great result as you can enjoy your own kimchi at home while enjoying your favourite K-drama.
- 3 Napa Cabbage
- Sesame Seeds
- Fish Sauce
- Anchovies Cubes
- 2 Apples (cut int cubes)
- Carrots (sliced into strips)
- Spring onion (sliced)
- Bidan Red Pepper Powder
1. Wash the cabbage thoroughly and you can replace it with other vegetables like Japanese cucumber, white radish or bean sprouts too. Then slather the cabbage with salt to kill off any germs or insect and mainly is to soften the cabbage.
2. Then add in some water and let the cabbage marinate in the saltwater for at least 6 hours and then wash off the excessive salt from the cabbage.
3. Then put a place upside down and the cabbage upside down with the lid closed to let it drain off excess water from the cabbage. And cut the cabbage into the desired size once it is dry up.
4. Add in apples, garlic, ginger slices, vinegar, fish sauce, anchovies stock cubes and then blend it well in a blender and remember to not add in any water, just use the fish sauce or vinegar as the substance to blend it.
5. Add in the cabbage, sliced carrots and spring onion on a new separated bowl and add in the blended marinated item.
6. Then add in some sesame seeds, bidan red pepper powder and mix them well.
7. Lastly, your kimchi is done and all you need to do is transfer them into containers for least 3 days before consuming it.